Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to subnav
Searching 2017-2018 Session

The Vermont Statutes Online

Title 24 Appendix : Municipal Charters



(Cite as: 24 App. V.S.A. ch. 235, § 93)
  • § 235-93. Petition for Court hearing on compensation and damages for land taken

    When any person shall be dissatisfied with award of the Electric Light Commissioners so made in any of the cases mentioned in the preceding section, such person may petition the Windsor County Court for a re-assessment of damages, and such proceedings shall be had in said Court on said petition as are provided by law for the assessment of damages for land taken for highways, except that the Commissioners appointed by said Court shall notify one of said Electric Light Commissioners of said  instead of one of the selectmen; said petition shall be served on the Clerk of said Village within 60 days next after said award shall be filed in the town clerk's office as aforesaid, and at least 12 days before the term of Court to which it is made returnable; but nothing in such proceedings shall prevent the Electric Light Commission from taking and entering on such water powers and lands, and laying, constructing, and completing said electric light plant, reservoirs, lines, and appurtenances thereof, and using said water powers and lands after their award shall have been made and the amount thereof tendered by them.