Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to subnav
Searching 2023-2024 Session

The Vermont Statutes Online


Title 24 Appendix : Municipal Charters


Subchapter 003 : SEWER SYSTEM

(Cite as: 24 App. V.S.A. ch. 215, § 302)
  • § 302. Petition for appeal of damage award or fee assessment

    When any person or corporation shall be dissatisfied with the decision of said trustees in the award of damages for land taken for such sewer or drain, or in any assessment for contribution for the same, such person or corporation may petition the Orleans County Court for a reassessment of such damages or contribution, and any number of persons agreed may join in the petition, but such petition shall not delay the laying or repairing of such sewer or drain.

    Said petition shall be served on the Clerk of said Village within 60 days after the awarding of such damages or said assessment for contribution, and be filed in the office of said Village Clerk. Such proceedings shall be had in said Court on such petition as are provided by law for the reassessment for lands taken for highways, except as herein provided, and the commissioners therein provided by said Court shall notify one of the trustees of said Village, of the time and place when they will hear said matter.