The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 003 : ELECTED OFFICERS(Cite as: 24 App. V.S.A. ch. 157, § 16)
§ 157-16. Town Clerk
(a) The Town Clerk shall be elected for a three year term and shall:
(1) receive fees for filing copies of records and other instruments and shall cause these fees to be paid to the General Fund of the Town;
(2) maintain a record of all action taken at special or annual Town meetings;
(3) maintain all Town records and an index to those records;
(4) maintain and file all reports required by law;
(5) perform any other duties required of the Clerk by law, this charter, or ordinances.
(b) Before entering upon the duties of the office, the Town Clerk shall give a bond conditioned for the faithful performance of the Clerk's duties. The bond shall be of a sum and with such surety as prescribed and approved by the Selectboard, and the premium shall be paid by the Town.
(c) The Town Clerk shall be subject to the comprehensive personnel plan of the Town of Windsor, except for provisions relating to appointment, removal, dismissal, suspension, and evaluation. (Amended 1999, No. M-12 (Adj. Sess.), § 9, eff. May 9, 2000.)