The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 005 : SELECTBOARD(Cite as: 24 App. V.S.A. ch. 147, § 5.01)
§ 147-5.1. Powers and duties
(a) The members of the Selectboard shall be and constitute the legislative body of the Town of Shelburne for all purposes required by statutes and except as otherwise herein specifically provided, shall have all powers and authority given to, and perform all duties required of town legislative bodies or selectboards under the laws of the State of Vermont.
(b) Within the limitations of the foregoing, the Selectboard shall have the power to:
(1) Appoint and remove the Town Manager and supervise, create, change, and abolish offices, commissions, or departments other than the offices, commissions, or departments established by this charter or by law.
(2) Assign additional duties to offices, commissions, or departments established by this charter, but may not discontinue or assign to any other office, commission, or department duties assigned to a particular office, commission, or department established by this charter or by law.
(3) Appoint the members of all boards, commissions, committees, or similar bodies and establish their terms of office unless specifically provided otherwise by State statute or this charter.
(4) Make, amend, and repeal ordinances.
(5) Provide for an independent audit by a certified public accountant or public accountant. Such independent audit shall be required at least once in every three years.
(6) Inquire into the conduct of any officer, commission, or department and investigate any and all municipal affairs.
(7) Authorize the application for any grant at any scheduled Selectboard meeting and approve the terms of any grant agreement. (Amended 2011, No. M-7, § 2, eff. May 17, 2011.)