The Vermont Statutes Online
§ 146-2. Town Clerk
(a) The Town Clerk shall be elected for one year and shall carry out the duties of a town clerk as specified by statute and by this chapter.
(b) The Clerk shall carry out those duties required by State law.
(c) Additional duties include:
(1) Handle day-to-day office duties and provide friendly, informative assistance to public and other Town officials.
(2) Provide information to assist the Selectboard in setting the open office hours to accommodate the needs of the Town.
(3) Maintain the electronic e-mail files of Town officials ensuring that privileged information is not divulged.
(4) Ensure that all members of the Selectboard are made aware, in a timely manner, of situations that should be brought to their attention.
(5) Assist in the production of the annual Town report by producing the Town Clerk's report, vital statistics report, and labels for same.
(6) Ensure that the Town offices are clean and safe.
(7) Maintain all records, electronic and digital, kept on computers.
(8) Attend the first monthly meeting of the Selectboard.
(9) Provide information as requested by the Selectboard so as to contribute to the effective governance of the Town.
(10) Be responsible for performing all functions as mandated by the State pertaining to Town records. (Added 2015, No. M-11, § 2, eff. May 26, 2015.)