The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 001 : INCORPORATION AND GRANT OF POWERS(Cite as: 24 App. V.S.A. ch. 133, § 103)
§ 133-103. Recall
Any elected official or official appointed to elective office holding a Town office may be recalled by the following process:
(1) A petition signed by not less than 35 percent of the number of registered voters voting in the last annual Town meeting shall be filed with the Town Clerk.
(2) The petition shall request a special Town meeting for the purpose of recalling a specific person or persons and shall state the office that they hold.
(3) The selectmen shall act upon the petition within seven days by warning a special Town meeting.
(4) The Town meeting shall be held not less than 30 days and not more than 40 days from the date of the receipt of the petition.
(5) The special Town meeting shall be warned as provided by the general law of this State.
(6) At least four days but not more than 15 days prior to the voting, an informational meeting shall be held at which time both the elected official and the proponents for the recall shall have the opportunity to discuss the issue of recall. The informational meeting shall be warned in conjunction with the warning for the special Town meeting.
(7) Voting on the issue of recall shall be by Australian ballot. A majority of the legal votes cast shall be needed to effect a recall of that official.