The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 004 : SCHOOL TRUSTEES POWERS AND DUTIES(Cite as: 24 App. V.S.A. ch. 129, § 404)
§ 129-404. Mandatory duties
The school trustees shall:
(1) Perform all duties as required by the Vermont State statutes and this charter.
(2) Appoint and remove the Superintendent of Schools.
(3) Appoint and remove members of all boards, commissions, committees, or similar bodies unless specifically provided otherwise by this charter.
(4) Submit the annual budget to the voters to be voted on at Town meeting in accordance with the provisions of section 1002 of this charter.
(5) Provide for an independent audit as described in section 304(f) of this charter.