The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 003 : OFFICERS(Cite as: 24 App. V.S.A. ch. 127, § 306)
§ 127-306. Appointed officers
(a) The Selectboard shall appoint any officers required by the Town's personnel regulations or this charter.
(b) The Town Manager shall function as the personnel officer of the Town.
(c) Within one year after the adoption of this charter, the Selectboard shall adopt a written personnel policy.
(d) The Selectboard shall appoint:
(1) a First Constable, and if needed a Second Constable;
(2) one or more grand jurors;
(3) a Collector of Taxes;
(4) a Town agent;
(5) one or more fence viewers;
(6) a Tree Warden.
(e) The Selectboard may appoint:
(1) one or more weighers of coal;
(2) a Poundkeeper;
(3) one or more inspectors of lumber, shingles, and wood.