The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 003 : OFFICERS(Cite as: 24 App. V.S.A. ch. 127, § 305)
§ 127-305. Treasurer
(a) The Treasurer shall be elected annually at the annual meeting and shall serve for a three-year term.
(b) The Treasurer shall perform the duties required by State statutes or provided by this charter. He or she shall:
(1) promptly deposit funds coming into his or her hands in such depositories as may be designated by the Selectboard;
(2) invest Town funds coming into his or her hands in the manner designated by the Selectboard;
(3) keep such books and accounts as may be required by the Selectboard;
(4) make reports to the Selectboard monthly or at such other times as they may require showing the State of the Town's finances; and
(5) perform such other duties with respect to the Town's finances as the Selectboard may require.