The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 003 : OFFICERS(Cite as: 24 App. V.S.A. ch. 127, § 304)
§ 127-304. Other elective officers
(a) The Board of Listers.
(1) The Board of Listers shall consist of three members, to be elected as follows: the first year, one shall be elected for a three-year term; the two incumbent officers shall complete their elected terms. Thereafter, one shall be elected every year for a three-year term.
(2) The Board of Listers shall perform duties established by State law and shall appoint an appraiser who shall be of competent professional background. Such appointment shall be approved by the Selectboard.
(b) The three auditors shall be elected in the same manner as described for the Board of Listers, in subdivision (a)(1) of this section, unless the Town has voted to eliminate the Office of Auditor pursuant to 17 V.S.A. § 2651b.
(1) The elected auditors shall be responsible for establishing and approving an independent municipal audit by a registered or certified public accountant. Such independent audit shall be required at least once a year.
(2) The auditors' duties shall otherwise be as established in 24 V.S.A. §§ 1681-1691.
(3) Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in 17 V.S.A. § 2651b(c), the Town may vote by ballot at an annual meeting, pursuant to 17 V.S.A. § 2651b(a), to eliminate the Office of Town Auditor. If the Town votes to eliminate the Office of Auditor, the duties formerly carried out by the auditors shall be carried out in accordance with 17 V.S.A. § 2651b(a) and any other applicable statutes.
(c) The Town Meeting Moderator shall be elected annually and shall perform those duties prescribed by the State law.
(d) The Town Clerk shall be elected for a three-year term and shall carry out the duties of town clerk as specified by statute and by this charter.
(e) The trustees of the Ilsley Library shall be elected and shall have such powers as are stated in 22 V.S.A. § 143. The Ilsley Library shall be operated by the trustees in accordance with 22 V.S.A. §§ 141 through 146.
(f) The number of Prudential Committee and School Board members, their terms of office, and the occurrence and filling of vacancies shall be as provided under State statutes or the Charter of Incorporated School District No. 4, whichever is applicable. Each school officer elected at the Town's annual meeting shall take office at 12:01 a.m. on the day following the annual meeting of the Union School District No. 3 or Incorporated School District No. 4, whichever is applicable. (Amended 2015, No. M-12, § 2, eff. May 26, 2015.)