The Vermont Statutes Online
The Vermont Statutes Online have been updated to include the actions of the 2023 session of the General Assembly.
NOTE: The Vermont Statutes Online is an unofficial copy of the Vermont Statutes Annotated that is provided as a convenience.
Subchapter 008 : General Provisions(Cite as: 24 App. V.S.A. ch. 3, § 352)
§ 352. Purposes and powers
(a) Subject to the orders and ordinances of the City Council, Burlington City Arts shall develop and implement a strategy to enhance the cultural enrichment of the people of the greater Burlington area.
(b) In furtherance of its purpose, Burlington City Arts shall, subject to the order and ordinances of the City Council, have the following rights, powers, and duties:
(1) to plan, develop, coordinate, implement, and administer a broad spectrum of high quality arts programming and services that is accessible to all sectors of the community regardless of economic, social, or physical constraints;
(2) to support Vermont artists and nurture native talent by making available performance, gallery, and rehearsal space; providing technical assistance and awarding grants and prizes;
(3) to foster partnerships in the arts, education, human service, and business communities for the production of cultural events;
(4) to receive and spend voluntary contributions for the carrying out of its purposes;
(5) to do all other things necessary or convenient to carrying out its purposes in accordance with Vermont Statutes Annotated.