Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to subnav
Searching 2017-2018 Session

The Vermont Statutes Online

Title 24 Appendix : Municipal Charters


(Cite as: 24 App. V.S.A. ch. 261, § 30)
  • § 261-30. Proceedings by persons dissatisfied with award of trustees related to water

    When any person shall be dissatisfied with the award of the trustees so made, in any of the cases mentioned in the preceding section, such person may petition the Orleans County Court for a reassessment and award of damages and such proceedings shall be had in said Court on said petition as are provided by law for the assessment of damages for land taken for highways, except that the trustees appointed by said Court shall notify one of the trustees of said Village instead of one of the selectboard members. Said petition shall be served on the Clerk of said Village, within 60 days next after said award shall be filed in the Town Clerk's office as aforesaid, and at least 12 days before the term of Court to which it is made returnable, but nothing in such proceedings shall prevent the trustees from entering on such land and laying and constructing such aqueduct, reservoirs, and appurtenances and using said water after their award shall have been made and the amount thereof tendered by them. (Added 1892, No. 114, § 30; amended 1933, No. 193, § 2.)