Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to subnav
Searching 2017-2018 Session

The Vermont Statutes Online

Title 24 Appendix : Municipal Charters


Subchapter 007 : WATER SUPPLY SYSTEM

(Cite as: 24 App. V.S.A. ch. 235, § 76)
  • § 235-76. Appeal of damage and compensation determinations

    When any person shall be dissatisfied with the award of the Water Commissioners so made, in any of the cases mentioned in section 75 of this charter, such person may petition the Windsor County Court for a reassessment and award of damages, and such proceeding shall be had in said Court on said petition as are provided by law for the assessment of damages for land taken for highways, except that the Commissioners appointed by said Court shall notify one of said Water Commissioners of said Village, instead of one of the selectmen. Said petition shall be served on the Clerk of said Village within 60 days next after said award shall be filed in the town clerk's office as aforesaid, and at least 12 days before the term of Court to which it is made returnable, but nothing in such proceedings shall prevent the Water Commissioners from entering on such land, and laying and constructing said aqueduct, reservoirs, and appurtenances, and using said water after their award shall have been made and the amount thereof tendered by them.