The Vermont Statutes Online
The Vermont Statutes Online have been updated to include the actions of the 2023 session of the General Assembly.
NOTE: The Vermont Statutes Online is an unofficial copy of the Vermont Statutes Annotated that is provided as a convenience.
§ 12. Form of government
(a) All governmental authority of the Town of Williston rests ultimately with the citizens and voters of the Town who shall exercise their power by Australian ballot at the annual Town meeting in determining:
(1) the election of officers of the Town, except the office of Moderator;
(2) the approval of the Town budgets;
(3) all authorizations for bonding or borrowing;
(4) all special appropriations;
(5) any other articles placed on the warning that involve the expenditure of tax dollars;
(6) any vote on a local options tax; and
(7) any vote required to be by Australian ballot by State law.
(b) The Town may vote to change how an issue is voted if permitted by law. Any change must be voted at a duly warned Town meeting. The change, if so voted, will take effect at the next Town meeting. (Added 2003, No. M-11 (Adj. Sess.), § 2, eff. May 3, 2004.)