The Vermont Statutes Online
§ 150-5. Recall
Any elected officer of the Town may be recalled from office as follows:
(1) A petition signed by not less than 15 percent of the registered voters shall be filed with the Selectboard requesting a vote on whether the elected officer shall be removed from office.
(2) The Selectboard shall call a special Town meeting to be held within 45 days of receiving the petition to vote on whether the elected officer shall be removed.
(3) The vote shall be by Australian ballot.
(4) The official shall be removed only if at least as many registered voters of the Town vote as voted in the election wherein the officer was elected, or at least one-third of the registered voters of the Town vote, whichever is greater, and a majority of that number vote for removal.
(5) If the Town votes for removal of an elected officer, the office shall thereupon become vacant and the Selectboard shall call a special meeting to be held within 45 days of the vote for removal to fill the vacancy until the term of the officer so removed expires. (Added 2013, No. M-3, § 2, eff. May 14, 2013.)