The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 003 : SELECTBOARD POWERS AND DUTIES(Cite as: 24 App. V.S.A. ch. 129, § 306)
§ 129-306. Appointed officers
(a) The Selectboard shall appoint:
(1) Planning Commission
(2) Zoning Board of Adjustment
(3) Cemetery Commission
(4) Chittenden County Regional Planning Commission member
(5) Chittenden Solid Waste District member
(6) Civil Defense Director
(b) The Selectboard may appoint such additional officers, commissions, or committees as they feel to be in the best interest of the Town, including:
(1) Fire Warden
(2) Collector of Taxes
(3) Tree Warden
(c) All appointed officers shall be chosen at large from the legally qualified voters of the Town and shall hold office until their successors are appointed.
(d) When the term of any office set forth in subsection (a) or (b) of this section expires or the office becomes vacant, the Selectboard shall cause to be posted in four or more public places in the Town a notice of the expiration of the term and vacancy.
(1) Any qualified voter of the Town may within 10 business days of the posting of said notice submit their name to the Selectboard as an applicant for the expired term or vacancy. At the expiration of the 10 business days from the date of the posting the names of all applicants shall be entered into the Selectboard's minutes.
(2) The Selectboard may readvertise any expired term or vacancy.
(e) The Selectboard shall appoint the following officers using the same procedure specified in the Town's administrative code for employees or vendors engaged by the Town on a contract basis.
(1) Zoning Administrator
(2) Health Officer
(3) Town Attorney/Town Agent
(4) Pound Keeper
(5) Planning Director (Amended 2013, No. M-14 (Adj. Sess.), § 2, eff. May 9, 2014; 2015, No. 23, § 149.)