The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 002 : OFFICERS(Cite as: 24 App. V.S.A. ch. 113, § 211)
§ 113-211. Powers and duties
(a) The members of the Selectboard shall constitute the legislative body of the Town of Colchester for all purposes required by statute, and except as otherwise herein specifically provided shall have all the powers and authority given to, and perform all duties required of town legislative bodies or selectboards under the laws of the State of Vermont.
(b) Within the limitations of the foregoing, the Selectboard shall have the power to:
(1) Appoint and remove a Town Manager and supervise, create, change, and abolish offices, commissions, or departments other than the offices, commissions, or departments established by this charter.
(2) Assign additional duties to offices, commissions or departments established by this charter, but may not discontinue or assign to any other office, commission, or department duties assigned to a particular office, commission, or department established by this charter.
(3) Appoint the members of all boards, commissions, committees, or similar bodies unless specifically provided otherwise by this charter.
(4) Make, amend, and repeal ordinances as provided in sections 106-109 of this charter.
(5) Provide for an independent audit by a certified public accountant.
(6) Inquire into the conduct of any officer, commission, or department and investigate any and all municipal affairs. (Amended 2015, No. M-1, § 2, eff. Jan. 27, 2015.)