The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 007 : SPECIAL PROCEDURES(Cite as: 24 App. V.S.A. ch. 105, § 72)
§ 105-72. Ordinances
(a) Town legislation shall be by ordinance. The Selectboard shall have the power to adopt, amend, repeal, and revise ordinances and provide for their enforcement as provided by law. The procedures regarding the adoption, amendment, repeal, or revision of ordinances shall be as provided by law and the Administrative Code.
(b) Ordinances adopted by the Selectboard shall be subject to rescission by vote at a special or annual Town meeting pursuant to the applicable provisions of general law.
(c) The Town of Berlin shall have the power to adopt ordinances to regulate the cleanup of hazardous materials and to impose penalties or take other actions to regulate or prevent false fire and police alarms.
(d) The Town may adopt and enforce ordinances for the purpose of regulating, licensing, and fixing reasonable and necessary license fees for the following:
(1) places of public resort, accommodation, assemblage, or amusement, whether indoor or outdoor;
(2) places dispensing food and drink to the public, such as restaurants, bars, or inns;
(4) displays of fireworks;
(5) public dances and musical performances;
(6) mobile home parks;
(7) itinerant vendors;
(8) the exclusive occupancy of any specified portion of a public street or right-of-way;
(9) the keeping of dogs or other pets;
(10) other activities that the Town has the power to regulate or license by virtue of general law or this charter. (Amended 2017, No. M-8, § 2.)