The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 004 : TOWN OFFICERS(Cite as: 24 App. V.S.A. ch. 105, § 44)
§ 105-44. Appointed officers
(a) The Selectboard may appoint, recommend, or approve the appointment of the following Town officers, for a term of one year from the date of such appointment, unless otherwise specified below, following such notice and warning as required by this charter and the Administrative Code, to include the following:
(1) Tree Warden.
(2) Emergency Management Director.
(3) Fire Warden, for a term of five years.
(4) Health Officer.
(5) Members of the Town Planning Commission, for terms of four years.
(6) Members and alternates of the Development Review Board, for terms of four years.
(7) Cemetery commissioners, for terms of three years.
(8) Members of the Recreation Board, for terms of three years.
(9) Members of the Public Works Board, for terms of three years.
(10) Members of the Conservation Commission, for terms of three years.
(11) Editor of the Town report.
(12) Such other Town officers or municipal appointments that may be necessary as provided by law or otherwise authorized by this charter for the orderly and expeditious operations of Town government.
(b) The Selectboard shall appoint, recommend, or approve, as applicable, the appointment of the following officers who will serve at the pleasure of the Selectboard, following the notice and warning as required by this charter and the Administrative Code:
(1) Town Administrator.
(2) Assistant Town Administrator.
(4) Collector of Delinquent Taxes.
(5) Road Superintendent.
(6) Police Chief.
(7) Zoning Administrator.
(8) Assistant Zoning Administrator.
(9) Assessor or Assessing Services.
(10) Administrative Assistant to the Public Works Board.
(c) The duties and responsibilities of the Grand Juror shall be assigned to the Police Chief.
(d) All appointed Town officers shall be governed by the Town personnel policy. (Amended 2005, No. M-5, § 3; 2009, No. M-8, § 3, eff. May 8, 2009; 2017, No. M-8, § 2.)