The Vermont Statutes Online
Title 24 Appendix : Municipal Charters
Chapter 101 : TOWN OF BARRE
Subchapter 007 : GENERAL PROVISIONS(Cite as: 24 App. V.S.A. ch. 101, § 44)
§ 44. Definitions
As used in this charter, except where the context or express terms require a contrary interpretation:
(1) “Board” shall mean the duly elected Selectboard of the Town, acting as a group and in its official capacity.
(2) “Day” shall mean a calendar day.
(3) A “vacancy” in any office shall be deemed to exist if the holder of the office resigns, dies, is removed from office, moves from the Town, is convicted of a felony, or is judicially declared to be mentally incompetent.
(4) “Voters” shall mean the names included, at any given point in time, on the checklist most recently revised by the Board of Civil Authority for use in a Town meeting or election.
(5) Terms of the masculine gender are intended in a generic sense and are used solely for clarity of expression. Such terms are intended to include the feminine counterpart and to carry no substantive meaning with respect to the sex of any person.
(6) The terms “Town Clerk” or “Town Treasurer” as used in this charter, any existing ordinance, or any ordinance enacted after adoption of this charter shall be understood as referring to the Clerk-Treasurer. (Amended 2019, No. M-1, § 2, eff. April 19, 2019.)