The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 008 : GENERAL PROVISIONS(Cite as: 24 App. V.S.A. ch. 3, § 362)
§ 3-362. Purposes and powers
(a) Subject to the orders and ordinances of the City Council, the Human Resources Department shall be responsible for the administration of human resources policies and services.
(b) In furtherance of its purpose, the Human Resources Department shall, subject to the orders and ordinances of the City Council, have the following rights, powers, and duties:
(1) To develop and administer position classification and salary plans.
(2) To prepare, recommend, and implement policies and procedures for Human Resources Administration.
(3) To assist in the recruitment, testing, selection, and hiring of employees.
(4) To direct employee orientation, training, counseling, and career development in conjunction with department heads.
(5) To review performance evaluations.
(6) To administer, in conjunction with the Treasurer's Office, the City Health Insurance and Life Insurance Programs and Workers' Compensation Plans.
(7) To administer in conjunction with the chief labor negotiator, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining plans.
(8) To assist in the administration of the employee grievance procedures.
(9) To do all other things necessary or convenient to carry out its purposes in accordance with Vermont Statutes Annotated.