The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 001 : Public Transportation Policy(Cite as: 24 V.S.A. § 5084)
§ 5084. Public Transit Advisory Council
(a) The Public Transit Advisory Council shall be created by the Secretary of Transportation under 19 V.S.A. § 7(f)(5), to consist of the following members:
(1) the Secretary of Transportation or designee;
(2) three representatives of the Vermont Public Transportation Association;
(3) a representative of the Green Mountain Transit Authority;
(4) the Secretary of Human Services or designee;
(5) the Commissioner of Labor or designee;
(6) the Secretary of Commerce and Community Development or designee;
(7) a representative of the Vermont Center for Independent Living;
(8) a representative of the Community of Vermont Elders;
(9) a representative of private bus operators and taxi services;
(10) a representative of Vermont intercity bus operators;
(11) a representative of the Vermont Association of Planning and Development Agencies;
(12) a representative of the Vermont League of Cities and Towns;
(13) a citizen appointed by the Governor;
(14) a member of the Senate, appointed by the Committee on Committees; and
(15) a member of the House of Representatives, appointed by the Speaker.
(b) The Advisory Council shall be chaired by the Secretary of Transportation or designee.
(c) The Advisory Council shall meet no less than four times during each State fiscal year, excluding subcommittee meetings. The legislative members of the Council shall be entitled to compensation and expenses as provided in 2 V.S.A. § 406. Members who are not State employees shall receive reimbursement of expenses and a per diem as provided in 32 V.S.A. § 1010.
(d) The Advisory Council shall serve as an advisory group to the Agency of Transportation on all matters relating to public transit service as defined in section 5088 of this title.
(e) [Repealed.] (Added 1999, No. 156 (Adj. Sess.), § 17, eff. May 29, 2000; amended 2003, No. 56, § 38, eff. June 4, 2003; 2003, No. 160 (Adj. Sess.), § 50, eff. June 9, 2004; 2011, No. 62, § 32; 2017, No. 158 (Adj. Sess.), § 23, eff. May 21, 2018.)