The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 006 : INTERMUNICIPAL INSURANCE AGREEMENTS(Cite as: 24 V.S.A. § 4947)
§ 4947. Health benefit plans offered to entities providing educational services
(a) As used in this section:
(1) "Health benefit association" means an association that offers one or more health benefit plans to school employers for coverage of their school employees.
(2) "School employee" shall have the same meaning as in 16 V.S.A. § 2101.
(3) "School employer" shall have the same meaning as in 16 V.S.A. § 2101.
(b) A health benefit association shall offer the same plan or plans to all school employers.
(c) A health benefit association shall solicit the input of the Commission on Public School Employee Health Benefits established in 16 V.S.A. § 2102 regarding the design of the health benefit plan or plans to be offered to school employers for coverage of their school employees.
(d) The governing board of a health benefit association shall be composed of the following six members:
(1) three members appointed by the organization representing the majority of the public school boards in this State, who shall not be employees of the organization; and
(2) three members appointed by the labor organization representing the greatest number of public school employees in the State, who shall not be employees of the organization.
(e) A health benefit association shall make all health benefit plans that it offers available to approved or recognized independent schools operating in Vermont. Participation shall not create joint and several liability as a result of any act or omission of any other school, municipality, or association. Schools that participate under this section shall be provided with copies of the annual audit. The provisions of 16 V.S.A. § 166 shall apply for purposes of determining whether a school qualifies as an "approved or recognized independent school." (Added 1997, No. 138 (Adj. Sess.), § 20a, eff. April 27, 1998; amended 2018, No. 11 (Sp. Sess.), § H.25.)