The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 003 : UNION MUNICIPAL DISTRICTS(Cite as: 24 V.S.A. § 4862)
§ 4862. Contents of agreement
Any agreement for the creation of a union municipal district shall specify the following:
(1) Its duration, if it is to be limited in time.
(2) The precise organization, composition, and nature of any separate legal or administrative entity created thereby, with the powers delegated thereto.
(3) Its purposes.
(4) The manner of election or designation of officers of the district, and the powers and duties thereof.
(5) The means of establishing a budget and financing the union municipal district, and the method, if so provided, for assessing the member municipalities or the taxpayers thereof for the expenses of the district.
(6) The permissible method or methods to be employed in accomplishing the partial or complete termination of the agreement and for disposing of property thereon.
(7) The manner in which the agreement may be amended or renewed, where applicable.
(8) The conditions and procedure under which a municipality may withdraw from a union municipal district or join a district already in operation.
(9) Any other necessary and proper matters. (Added 1969, No. 197 (Adj. Sess.), § 1; amended 1973, No. 250 (Adj. Sess.), § 2.)