The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 006 : IMPLEMENTATION OF PLAN(Cite as: 24 V.S.A. § 4403)
§ 4403. Nonregulatory implementation tools
A municipality may utilize the following tools, and other tools not specifically listed, in conformance with the municipal plan and for the purposes established in section 4302 of this title, alone or in conjunction with regulatory tools described in section 4402 of this title.
(1) Capital budget and program. A municipality may adopt a capital budget and five-year program, pursuant to section 4430 of this title.
(2) Tax increment financing. Pursuant to chapter 53 of this title, a municipality may create within its jurisdiction one or more tax increment financing districts.
(3) Tax stabilization contracts. Pursuant to sections 4969 and 4985 of Title 32, a municipality may enter into tax stabilization contracts.
(4) Purchase or acceptance of development rights. A municipality may purchase or accept development rights as a method to implement its plan, pursuant to chapter 155 of Title 10.
(5) Plans supporting the municipal plan. A municipality may develop supporting plans and may incorporate these plans into the municipal plan pursuant to the process described in section 4385 of this title.
(6) Advisory commissions. For the purposes of this chapter, the term "advisory commissions" includes advisory committees. A municipality may form commissions that are composed of persons with particular expertise or interest to assist with implementation of the plan in areas such as design review, historic preservation, housing, and conservation. (Added 2003, No. 115 (Adj. Sess.), § 93.)