The Vermont Statutes Online
The Vermont Statutes Online have been updated to include the actions of the 2023 session of the General Assembly.
NOTE: The Vermont Statutes Online is an unofficial copy of the Vermont Statutes Annotated that is provided as a convenience.
Subchapter 003 : Regional Planning Commissions(Cite as: 24 V.S.A. § 4341a)
§ 4341a. Performance grants for regional planning service
(a) The Secretary of Commerce and Community Development shall negotiate and issue performance grants to regional planning commissions, or to regional planning commissions and regional development corporations in the case of a joint grant, to provide regional planning services.
(b) A performance grant shall address how the regional planning commission, or regional planning commission and regional development corporation jointly, will improve results and achieve savings compared with the current regional service delivery system, which may include:
(1) a proposal without change in the makeup or change of the area served;
(2) a joint proposal to provide different services pursuant to a grant to one or more regional service providers;
(3) colocation with other local, regional, or State service providers;
(4) merger with one or more regional service providers;
(5) consolidation of administrative functions and additional operational efficiencies within the region; or
(6) such other cost-saving mechanisms as may be available. (Added 2009, No. 146 (Adj. Sess.), § G5, eff. June 1, 2010; amended 2015, No. 11, § 30; 2015, No. 157 (Adj. Sess.), § C.2, eff. July 1, 2017.)