Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to subnav
Searching 2023-2024 Session

The Vermont Statutes Online

The Vermont Statutes Online have been updated to include the actions of the 2023 session of the General Assembly.

NOTE: The Vermont Statutes Online is an unofficial copy of the Vermont Statutes Annotated that is provided as a convenience.

Title 24 : Municipal and County Government

Chapter 113 : Housing Authorities

(Cite as: 24 V.S.A. § 4022)
  • § 4022. Powers

    For the purpose of aiding and cooperating in the planning, undertaking, construction, or operation of housing projects, located within the area in which it is authorized to act, any State public body may upon such terms, with or without consideration, as it may determine:

    (1) dedicate, sell, convey, or lease any of its interest in any property or grant easements, licenses, or any other rights or privileges therein, to a housing authority or the federal government;

    (2) cause parks, playgrounds, recreational, community, educational, water, sewer or drainage facilities, or any other works which it is otherwise empowered to undertake, to be furnished adjacent to or in connection with housing projects;

    (3) furnish, dedicate, close, pave, install, grade, regrade, plan, or replan streets, roads, roadways, alleys, sidewalks, or other places which it is otherwise empowered to undertake;

    (4) plan or replan, zone or rezone, any part of such State public body; make exceptions from building regulations and ordinances; any city may also change its map;

    (5) cause services to be furnished to the housing authority of the character which such State public body is otherwise empowered to furnish;

    (6) enter into agreements with respect to the exercise by such State public body of its powers relating to the repair, closing, or demolition of unsafe, unsanitary, or unfit dwellings;

    (7) employ, notwithstanding the provisions of any other law, any funds belonging to or within the control of such State public body, including funds derived from the sale of furnishings or property or facilities to a housing authority, in the purchase of the bonds or other obligations of the housing authority; and exercise all rights of any holder of such bonds or other obligations;

    (8) enter into agreements, which may extend over any period, notwithstanding any provision or rule of law to the contrary, with a housing authority or the federal government respecting the exercise by such State public body of any of the powers herein granted;

    (9) do any and all things necessary or convenient to aid and cooperate in the planning, undertaking, construction, or operation of such housing projects; and

    (10) in connection with any public improvements made by a State public body exercising the powers herein granted, such State public body may incur the entire expense thereof. (1961, No. 212, § 22, eff. July 11, 1961.)