Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to subnav
Searching 2017-2018 Session

The Vermont Statutes Online

Title 24 : Municipal and County Government


(Cite as: 24 V.S.A. § 2810)
  • § 2810. Petition; appointment of commissioners

    (a) When a person having an interest in such land is dissatisfied with the action of the mayor and aldermen, selectboard, or trustees in locating and setting it out or with the damages awarded therefor by them, he or she may apply by petition to the Superior Court for the county wherein such land lies within 60 days of the recording of the order of the mayor and aldermen, selectboard, or trustees, and any number of persons aggrieved may join in the petition.

    (b) The petition with a citation shall be served on the clerk of the city, town, or village as a writ of summons requiring entry to be made therein within 21 days from the date of service.

    (c) The court shall appoint three disinterested commissioners, who shall inquire into the necessity for locating and setting out such land and as to the amount of damages sustained by the persons interested therein. (Amended 1973, No. 193 (Adj. Sess.), § 3, eff. April 9, 1974.)