The Vermont Statutes Online
The statutes were updated in November, 2018, and contain all actions of the
2018 legislative session.
§ 2792. Vermont Downtown Development Board
(a) A "Vermont Downtown Development Board," also referred to as the "State Board," is created to administer the provisions of this chapter. The State Board shall be composed of the following members or their designees:
(1) The Secretary of Commerce and Community Development.
(2) The Secretary of Transportation.
(3) The Secretary of Natural Resources.
(4) The Commissioner of Public Safety.
(5) The State Historic Preservation Officer.
(6) A person appointed by the Governor from a list of three names submitted by the Vermont Natural Resources Council and the Preservation Trust of Vermont.
(7) A person appointed by the Governor from a list of three names submitted by the Association of Chamber Executives.
(8) Three public members representative of local government, one of whom shall be designated by the Vermont League of Cities and Towns, and two shall be appointed by the Governor.
(9) A member of the Vermont Planners Association (VPA) designated by the Association.
(10) The Chair of the Natural Resources Board or a representative of the Natural Resources Board designated by the Chair.
(11) A representative of a regional planning commission designated by the Vermont Association of Planning and Development Agencies (VAPDA) and an alternate representative designated by VAPDA to enable all applications to be considered by a representative from a regional planning commission other than the one of which the applicant municipality is a member. The alternate designated by VAPDA may vote only when the designated representative does not vote.
(c) The State Board shall elect a chair and vice chair from among its membership.
(d) The Department shall provide staff and administrative support to the State Board and shall produce guidelines to direct municipalities seeking to obtain designation under this chapter.
(f) [Repealed.] (Added 1997, No. 120 (Adj. Sess.), § 1; amended 2005, No. 8, § 6b, eff. April 25, 2005; 2005, No. 183 (Adj. Sess.), § 3; 2007, No. 147 (Adj. Sess.), § 1, eff. May 16, 2008; 2007, No. 176 (Adj. Sess.), § 15, eff. May 28, 2008; 2009, No. 136 (Adj. Sess.), § 2; 2013, No. 11, § 25; 2013, No. 59, § 3.)