The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 010 : SALVAGE YARDS(Cite as: 24 V.S.A. § 2243)
§ 2243. Administration; duties and authority
The Agency of Transportation and the Secretary of Natural Resources are designated as responsible for carrying out the provisions of this subchapter and shall have the following additional responsibilities and powers:
(1) The Agency of Transportation or the Secretary of Natural Resources may make such reasonable rules as it, he, or she deems necessary, provided such rules do not conflict with any federal laws, rules, and regulations, or the provisions of this subchapter.
(2) The Agency of Transportation shall enter into agreements with the U.S. Secretary of Transportation or his or her representatives in order to designate those areas of the State that are properly zoned or used for industrial activities, and to arrange for federal cost participation.
(3) The Secretary shall adopt and enforce requirements for adequate fencing and screening of salvage yards.
(4) The Agency of Transportation may seek an injunction against a salvage yard that is in violation of the relevant provisions of this subchapter. The Secretary may enforce the relevant provisions of this chapter under 10 V.S.A. chapter 201.
(5) The Agency of Transportation or the Secretary may issue necessary orders, findings, and directives, and do all other things reasonably necessary and proper to carry out the purpose of this subchapter. (Added 1969, No. 98, § 1; amended 1983, No. 185 (Adj. Sess.), § 3; 1993, No. 172 (Adj. Sess.), § 31; 2009, No. 56, § 6; 2017, No. 74, § 97.)