Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to subnav
Searching 2023-2024 Session

The Vermont Statutes Online

The Vermont Statutes Online have been updated to include the actions of the 2023 session of the General Assembly.

NOTE: The Vermont Statutes Online is an unofficial copy of the Vermont Statutes Annotated that is provided as a convenience.

Title 24 : Municipal and County Government

Chapter 035 : Town Clerks

(Cite as: 24 V.S.A. § 1175)
  • § 1175. Permanent service records

    Town clerks shall record the honorable discharges or certificates of service of all members of the Armed Forces of the United States, by photographic copy or on forms approved by the Adjutant General of a size and with a margin to permit binding. Upon making such record, the town clerk shall forthwith forward a certified copy thereof to the office of the Adjutant General. Such records shall be arranged or indexed alphabetically, bound, and made a permanent record. Town clerks shall receive a fee of 50 cents for so recording each honorable discharge or certificate of service, as hereinbefore provided, to be paid by the town.