The Vermont Statutes Online
§ 3903. Definitions-Article II
As used in this compact:
(1) "Conviction" means a conviction of any offense related to the use or operation of a motor vehicle that is prohibited by state law, municipal ordinance, or administrative rule; or a forfeiture of bail, bond, or other security deposited to secure appearance by a person charged with having committed any such offense, and which conviction or forfeiture is required to be reported to the licensing authority.
(2) "Executive head" means the governor.
(3) "Home state" means the state that has issued and has the power to suspend or revoke the use of the license or permit to operate a motor vehicle.
(4) "Licensing authority" means the commissioner of the department of motor vehicles.
(5) "State" means a state, territory, or possession of the United States, the District of Columbia, or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. (Added 1987, No. 62, § 1.)