The Vermont Statutes Online
§ 3902. Findings and declaration of policy- Article I
(a) The party states find that:
(1) the safety of their highways is materially affected by the degree of compliance with state and local laws relating to the operation of motor vehicles;
(2) violation of state law or municipal ordinances is evidence that the violator engages in conduct that is likely to endanger the safety of persons and property;
(3) the continuance in force of a license to drive is predicated upon compliance with laws and ordinances relating to the operation of motor vehicles, in whichever jurisdiction the vehicle is operated.
(b) It is the policy of each of the party states to:
(1) promote compliance with the laws, ordinances, and administrative rules relating to the operation of motor vehicles by their operators in each of the jurisdictions where operators drive motor vehicles;
(2) make the reciprocal recognition of licenses to drive and eligibility for licensure more just and equitable by considering the overall compliance with motor vehicle laws, ordinances, and administrative rules as a condition precedent to the continuance or issuance of any license by reason of which the licensee is authorized or permitted to operate a motor vehicle in any of the party states.