The Vermont Statutes Online
§ 3553. Definitions- Article II
(a) In the Nonresident Violator Compact, the following words have the meaning indicated, unless the context requires otherwise.
(b)(1) "Citation" means any summons, ticket, or other official document issued by a police officer for a traffic violation containing an order which requires the motorist to respond.
(2) "Collateral" means any cash or other security deposited to secure an appearance for trial, following the issuance by a police officer of a citation for a traffic violation.
(3) "Compliance" means the act of answering a citation, summons, or subpoena through appearance at court, a tribunal, and/or payment of fines and costs.
(4) "Court" means a court of law or traffic tribunal.
(5) "Driver's license" means any license or privilege to operate a motor vehicle issued under the laws of the home jurisdiction.
(6) "Home jurisdiction" means the jurisdiction that issued the driver's license of the traffic violator.
(7) "Issuing jurisdiction" means the jurisdiction in which the traffic citation was issued to the motorist.
(8) "Jurisdiction" means a state, territory, or possession of the United States, the District of Columbia, or Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
(9) "Motorist" means a driver of a motor vehicle operating in a party jurisdiction other than the home jurisdiction.
(10) "Personal recognizance" means an agreement by a motorist made at the time of issuance of the traffic citation that he or she will comply with the terms of that traffic citation.
(11) "Police officer" means any individual authorized by the party jurisdiction to issue a citation for a traffic violation.
(12) "Terms of the citation" means those options expressly stated upon the citation. (Added 1985, No. 84, § 1.)