The Vermont Statutes Online
§ 3502. Registration
(a) An all-terrain vehicle may not be operated unless registered pursuant to this chapter or any other section of this title by the State of Vermont and unless the all-terrain vehicle displays a valid Vermont ATV Sportsman's Association (VASA) Trail Access Decal (TAD) when operating on a VASA trail, except when operated:
(1) On the property of the owner of the all-terrain vehicle.
(2) Off the highway, in a ski area while being used for the purpose of grooming snow, maintenance, or in rescue operations.
(3) For official use by a federal, State, or municipal agency and only if the all-terrain vehicle is identified with the name or seal of the agency in a manner approved by the Commissioner.
(4) Solely on privately owned land when the operator is specifically invited to do so by the owner of that property and has on his or her person the written consent of the owner.
(5) By a person who possesses a completed TAD form processed electronically and either printed out or displayed on a portable electronic device. The printed or electronic TAD form shall be valid for 10 days after the electronic transaction. Use of a portable electronic device to display a completed TAD form does not in itself constitute consent for an enforcement officer to access other contents of the device.
(b) The provisions of section 305 of this title shall apply to a registration, except the registration of a vehicle registered under subsection 3504(b) of this title shall become void on the last day of February next following the date of issue.
(c) The registration of an all-terrain vehicle does not constitute a license to cross or operate an all-terrain vehicle on public or private lands.
(d) An all-terrain vehicle which does not comply with the provisions of this chapter may not be registered by the Commissioner.
(e) An all-terrain vehicle owned by a person who is a resident of any other state or province shall be deemed to be properly registered for the purposes of this chapter if it is registered in accordance with the laws of the state or province in which its owner resides. (Added 1983, No. 240 (Adj. Sess.), § 1; amended 2001, No. 75 (Adj. Sess.), § 11; 2007, No. 76, § 33b; 2009, No. 50, § 80; 2015, No. 50, § 26, eff. June 3, 2015.)