The Vermont Statutes Online
Title 23 : Motor Vehicles
Chapter 013 : OPERATION OF VEHICLES
Subchapter 009 : VIOLATIONS AND PENALTIES(Cite as: 23 V.S.A. § 1098)
§ 1098. Disposition of pending cases
(a) The Judicial Bureau shall enter judgment against the defendant in all cases in which:
(1) prior to January 1, 2007, the defendant filed an answer admitting or not contesting the violation;
(2) the defendant paid all or a portion of the fine, penalty, or surcharge; and
(3) the issuing officer did not file the original complaint prior to July 1, 2007.
(b) Notwithstanding any law to the contrary, with respect to any judgment entered pursuant to this section, the Judicial Bureau shall immediately seal the record and shall not report the judgment to the Commissioner of Motor Vehicles. Any funds received by the Judicial Bureau for judgments under this section shall be deposited in the Court Technology Special Fund up to $150,000.00, and the balance to be deposited to the Municipal Ticket Repayment Revolving Fund defined in 4 V.S.A. § 28.
(c) The Judicial Bureau shall dismiss the action in all cases in which:
(1) the defendant filed an answer denying or contesting the violation prior to January 1, 2007; and
(2) the issuing officer did not file the original complaint prior to July 1, 2007. (Added 2007, No. 51, § 17.)