The Vermont Statutes Online
The statutes were updated in November, 2018, and contain all actions of the
2018 legislative session.
Subchapter 004 : DRIVER TRAINING SCHOOL LICENSES(Cite as: 23 V.S.A. § 709)
§ 709. Suspension and revocation
(a) The Commissioner may at any time cancel, suspend, revoke, or refuse to renew any driver's training school or instructor's license when he or she is satisfied that:
(1) the licensee fails to meet the applicable requirements for a license under sections 704 and 705 of this title;
(2) under the circumstances the Commissioner would have the right under the provisions of section 708 of this title to refuse to issue a license if the licensee were then making application therefor;
(3) the licensee represents himself or herself as an agent or employee of the Department or uses advertising designed to lead persons, or which would reasonably have the effect of leading persons, to believe that such licensee is an employee or representative of the Department;
(4) the licensee has wilfully violated the provisions of section 705 of this title;
(5) the licensee has failed to comply with the rules of the Commissioner made pursuant to this subchapter.
(b) Notwithstanding the renewal of a license, the Commissioner may revoke or suspend such license for causes prescribed in this section although such causes occurred during license periods prior to the renewal. (Added 1959, No, 153, § 9, eff. Jan. 1, 1960.)