The Vermont Statutes Online
The Vermont Statutes Online have been updated to include the actions of the 2023 session of the General Assembly.
NOTE: The Vermont Statutes Online is an unofficial copy of the Vermont Statutes Annotated that is provided as a convenience.
Subchapter 001 : General Provisions(Cite as: 22 V.S.A. § 611)
§ 611. Acts and Resolves; Vermont Statutes Annotated; distribution
(a) The State Librarian shall deliver the Acts and Resolves as follows: to the Secretary of State, six copies; to the Clerk of the U.S. Supreme Court for the use of the Court, one copy; to the Governor’s Office and to the Governor and Lieutenant Governor, one copy each; to the Library of Congress, four copies; and upon request to other public officials and offices as quantities allow.
(b) The State Librarian shall distribute the copies of Vermont Statutes Annotated and any cumulative pocket part supplements, when issued, as follows:
(1) one each to the Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Speaker of the House of Representatives, the State Treasurer, Secretary of State, Auditor of Accounts, Adjutant General, Commissioner of Buildings and General Services, Commissioner of Taxes, Sergeant at Arms, and the head of each administrative department;
(2) four copies to the Attorney General; and
(3) upon request to each of the following:
(A) one to each town clerk;
(B) three to each county clerk;
(C) one to each Probate judge;
(D) two to the Clerk of the Supreme Court;
(E) one to each ex-Justice and Justice of the Supreme Court, Superior judge, and State’s Attorney;
(F) two to the judge of the Second Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals from Vermont; and
(G) four to the U.S. district judges for the District of Vermont.
(c) Upon request, the State Librarian shall give:
(1) one copy of the Vermont Statutes Annotated and any cumulative pocket part supplements to a bar association, university, college, or public library that is located in Vermont; or
(2) one copy of the Acts and Resolves or the Vermont Statutes Annotated and any cumulative pocket part supplements to a member of the General Assembly.
(d) Additional copies may be sold to parties identified in this section at a price to be fixed by the State Librarian, provided that the sale is permitted by the publishing contract. (Added 2021, No. 53, § 6.)