The Vermont Statutes Online
The Vermont Statutes Online have been updated to include the actions of the 2023 session of the General Assembly.
NOTE: The Vermont Statutes Online is an unofficial copy of the Vermont Statutes Annotated that is provided as a convenience.
§ 1633. Rights of the State
Subject to the rights guaranteed by this chapter and subject to all other applicable laws, rules, and regulations, nothing in this chapter shall be construed to interfere with the right of the State to:
(1) carry out the statutory mandate and goals of the Agency of Human Services and to utilize personnel, methods, and means in the most appropriate manner possible;
(2) with the approval of the Governor, take whatever action may be necessary to carry out the mission of the Agency of Human Services in an emergency situation;
(3) comply with federal and State laws and regulations;
(4) enforce regulations and regulatory processes;
(5) develop regulations and regulatory processes that do not impair existing contracts, subject to the duty to bargain over mandatory subjects of bargaining and to the rulemaking authority of the General Assembly and the Human Services Board; and
(6) solicit and accept for use any grant of money, services, or property from the federal government, the State, or any political subdivision or agency of the State, including federal matching funds, and to cooperate with the federal government or any political subdivision or agency of the State in making an application for any grant. (Added 2013, No. 48, § 1, eff. May 24, 2013.)