The Vermont Statutes Online
NOTE: The Vermont Statutes Online is an unofficial copy of the Vermont Statutes Annotated that is provided as a convenience.
NOTE: The online version of the Vermont Statutes does NOT yet include the actions of the 2023 legislative session. The 2023 updates should be available by the end of October.
Subchapter 009 : OPERATION OF VENDING FACILITIES BY BLIND AND VISUALLY IMPAIRED(Cite as: 21 V.S.A. § 501)
§ 501. Definitions
As used in this subchapter:
(1) “Person who is blind or visually impaired” means a person whose visual acuity with correction is no better than 20/60, or whose field of vision subtends an angle of no greater than 20 degrees.
(2) “Division” means the Division for the Blind and Visually Impaired.
(3) “State property” means any building or land owned, leased, or controlled by the Department of Buildings and General Services.
(4) “Vending facility” means a cafeteria, snack bar, cart service, concession stand, or other facility for the sale of newspapers, periodicals, confection, tobacco products, foods, beverages, and other articles or services which is operated by a person licensed under this subchapter.
(5) “Vending machine” means any coin or currency operated machine that sells food, tobacco, beverages, sundries, or other retail merchandise or service, but shall not include vending machines used in connection with the operation of rest room facilities. (Added 1983, No. 221 (Adj. Sess.), § 2; amended 1995, No. 148 (Adj. Sess.), § 4(c)(1); 2013, No. 96 (Adj. Sess.), § 132.)