The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 005A : Polygraph Protection Act(Cite as: 21 V.S.A. § 494)
§ 494. Definitions
As used in this subchapter:
(1) "Employer" means any individual, organization, or governmental body, including partnership, association, trustee, estate, corporation, joint stock company, insurance company, or legal representative, whether domestic or foreign, or the receiver, trustee in bankruptcy, trustee or successor thereof, and any common carrier by mail, motor, water, air, or express company doing business in or operating within this State, which has one or more individuals performing services for it within this State.
(2) "Employee" means every person who may be permitted, required, or directed by any employer, in consideration of direct or indirect gain or profit, to perform services.
(3) "Prospective employee" means an individual seeking or being sought for employment with an employer.
(4) "Employment agency" means a person who undertakes, with or without compensation, to procure, refer, recruit, or place for an employer or person, the opportunity to work for an employer.
(5) "Examiner" means any person licensed under 26 V.S.A. chapter 53.
(6) "Polygraph examination" means any procedure which involves the use of instrumentation or a mechanical device to enable or assist the detection of deception, the verification of the truthfulness, or the rendering of a diagnostic opinion regarding either of these, and includes a lie detector or similar test. (Added 1985, No. 89.)