The Vermont Statutes Online
The statutes were updated in November, 2018, and contain all actions of the
2018 legislative session.
Subchapter 004 : INVESTIGATION OF FIRES(Cite as: 20 V.S.A. § 2868)
§ 2868. Contempt
A witness may be punished as for contempt of court who:
(1) Refuses to obey a summons of the fire marshal or deputy fire marshal; or
(2) Refuses to be sworn or to testify; or
(3) Disobeys a lawful order of the fire marshal or deputy fire marshal in relation to an investigation instituted by him; or
(4) Fails or refuses to produce any book, paper or document relating to any matter under investigation or examination; or
(5) Is guilty of any contemptuous act after being summoned to appear before the fire marshal or deputy fire marshal, or either of them, to give testimony relating to any matter under examination or investigation as aforesaid.