The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 001 : General Provisions(Cite as: 20 V.S.A. § 2362)
§ 2362. Reports
(a) Within ten business days:
(1) Elected constables. A town, village, or city clerk shall notify the Council, on a form provided by the Council, of the election, appointment to fill a vacancy under 24 V.S.A. § 963, expiration of term, or reelection of any constable.
(2) Appointed constables and police chiefs. The legislative body of a municipality or its designee shall notify the Council of the appointment or removal of a constable or police chief.
(3) Municipal police officers. A police chief appointed under 24 V.S.A. § 1931 shall notify the Council of the appointment or removal of a police officer under the police chief's direction and control.
(4) State law enforcement officers. The appointing authority of a State agency employing a law enforcement officer shall notify the Council of the appointment or removal of a law enforcement officer employed by that agency.
(5) Sheriffs' officers. A sheriff shall notify the Council of the appointment or removal of a deputy or other law enforcement officer employed by that sheriff's department.
(b) Notification required by this section shall include the name of the constable, police chief, police officer, deputy, or other law enforcement officer, the date of appointment or removal, and the term of office or length of appointment, if any.
(c) A report required by this section may be combined with any report required under subchapter 2 of this chapter. (Added 1979, No. 57, § 8; amended 2009, No. 14, § 1; 2017, No. 56, § 1, eff. July 1, 2018.)