The Vermont Statutes Online
§ 1815. Availability of photographic prints or photostatic copies
(a) Photographic prints taken by the department of public safety or photostatic copies of investigation reports or other material on file relating to motor vehicle accidents or fires, may be furnished to any interested person.
(1) Photographic prints related to accidents or fire investigations shall be $8.00 per print, and discs shall be $20.00 per disc.
(2) The commissioner of public safety is authorized to collect fees sufficient to recover the costs associated with the processing of photographic films for criminal justice agencies. Such costs include the cost of materials, labor and machine time related to the processing of films by the department.
(3) Copies of fire investigation reports shall be $20.00 per report. If the reports contain audiotape or videotape, the fee for each audiotape or videotape is $45.00.
(4) Investigation reports unrelated to fires or motor vehicle accidents may be furnished at the discretion of the commissioner when the commissioner determines that the release of the material would not be detrimental to the best interests of the department. The fee for each report is $20.00. If the reports contain audiotape or videotape, the fee for each audiotape or videotape is $45.00.
(5) Officers' reports of motor vehicle accidents which do not require a report to the commissioner of motor vehicles pursuant to 23 V.S.A. § 1129 may be sold for $20.00 per report.
(b) Fees collected under this section shall be credited to the sale of photos and reports special fund and shall be available to the department to offset the cost of providing the services.
(c) If a photostatic report furnished under this section exceeds 20 pages, the additional pages shall cost $0.05 per page and $0.33 per minute for staff time in excess of 30 minutes. (Amended 1999, No. 49, § 159; 2001, No. 143 (Adj. Sess.), § 35; 2005, No. 72, § 18; 2009, No. 47, § 1.)