The Vermont Statutes Online
§ 1581. Vermont veterans' memorial cemetery advisory board
(a) The Vermont veterans' memorial cemetery advisory board is created to advise the adjutant general on all matters relating to the establishment and operation of a Vermont veterans' memorial cemetery to be known as the Vermont Veterans' Memorial Cemetery. The board shall consist of:
(1) The commissioner of the department of buildings and general services, who shall serve as chair of the board.
(2) One member of the senate who shall be appointed by the senate committee on committees.
(3) One member of the house who shall be appointed by the house speaker.
(4) Four individuals who represent veterans or are members of a veterans' organization, to be appointed by the governor for staggered terms of six years.
(5) One individual who represents the Vermont granite, Vermont slate, or Vermont marble industry selected by the governor for a six-year term.
(b) For each meeting, legislative members shall be entitled to receive compensation and reimbursement for expenses as provided under 2 V.S.A. § 406(a).. The members representing veterans or from veterans' organizations shall be entitled to per diem as provided in 32 V.S.A. § 1010 and their necessary and actual expenses. (Added 1989, No. 69, § 1, eff. May 27, 1989; amended 1991, No. 256 (Adj. Sess.), § 24, eff. June 9, 1992; 1995, No. 148 (Adj. Sess.), § 4(c)(1).)