The Vermont Statutes Online
The statutes were updated in November, 2018, and contain all actions of the
2018 legislative session.
§ 44. Statewide Property Parcel Mapping Program
(a) Purpose. The purpose of the Statewide Property Parcel Mapping Program is to:
(1) develop a statewide property parcel data layer;
(2) ensure regular maintenance, including updates, of the data layer; and
(3) make property parcel data available to State agencies and departments, regional planning commissions, municipalities, and the public.
(b) Property Parcel Data Advisory Board. The Property Parcel Data Advisory Board (Board) is created for the purpose of monitoring the Statewide Property Parcel Mapping Program and making recommendations to the Agency of how the Program can be improved to enhance the usefulness of statewide property parcel data for State agencies and departments, regional planning commissions, municipalities, and the public. The Board shall comprise:
(1) the Secretary of Transportation or designee, who shall serve as chair;
(2) the Secretary of Natural Resources or designee;
(3) the Secretary of Commerce and Community Development or designee;
(4) the Commissioner of Taxes or designee;
(5) a representative of the Vermont Association of Planning and Development Agencies;
(6) a representative of the Vermont League of Cities and Towns; and
(7) a land surveyor licensed under 26 V.S.A. chapter 45 designated by the Vermont Society of Land Surveyors.
(c) Meetings of Board. The Board shall meet at the call of the Chair or at the request of a majority of its members. The Agency shall provide administrative assistance to the Board and such other assistance as the Board may require to carry out its duties.
(d) Standards. The Agency shall update the statewide property parcel data layer in accordance with the standards of the Vermont Geographic Information System (VGIS), as specified in 10 V.S.A. § 123 (powers and duties of Vermont Center for Geographic Information).
(e) Funding sources. Federal transportation funds shall be used for the development and operation of the Program. In fiscal year 2018 and in succeeding fiscal years, the Agency shall make every effort to ensure that all State matching funds are provided by other State agencies or external partners, or both, that benefit from the Program. (Added 2015, No. 158 (Adj. Sess.), § 37.)