The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 001 : Quality, Resource Allocation, and Cost Containment(Cite as: 18 V.S.A. § 9405c)
§ 9405c. Notice of acquisition
(a) As used in this section:
(1) "Acquire" means a purchase or transfer through which a hospital will own or control the business of a medical practice.
(2) "Hospital" means a general hospital or hospital facility licensed under chapter 43 of this title.
(3) "Medical practice" means a business through which one or more physicians practice medicine.
(b) Each hospital shall provide notice to the Office of the Attorney General at least 90 days or as soon as practicable prior to the effective date of a transaction through which the hospital will acquire a medical practice. The notice shall include at least the following information:
(1) the name and address of the hospital acquiring the medical practice and contact information for a representative of the hospital; and
(2) the name and address of the medical practice being acquired and contact information for a representative of the medical practice.
(c) Information provided to the Office of the Attorney General pursuant to this section is exempt from public inspection and copying under the Public Records Act and shall be kept confidential except to the extent necessary to allow the Office to perform an inquiry into potentially anticompetitive practices. (Added 2015, No. 143 (Adj. Sess.), § 2.)