The Vermont Statutes Online
NOTE: The Vermont Statutes Online is an unofficial copy of the Vermont Statutes Annotated that is provided as a convenience.
NOTE: The online version of the Vermont Statutes does NOT yet include the actions of the 2023 legislative session. The 2023 updates should be available by the end of October.
Subchapter 001 : GREEN MOUNTAIN CARE BOARD(Cite as: 18 V.S.A. § 9372)
§ 9372. Purpose
It is the intent of the General Assembly to create an independent board to promote the general good of the State by:
(1) improving the health of the population;
(2) reducing the per-capita rate of growth in expenditures for health services in Vermont across all payers while ensuring that access to care and quality of care are not compromised;
(3) enhancing the patient and health care professional experience of care;
(4) recruiting and retaining high-quality health care professionals; and
(5) achieving administrative simplification in health care financing and delivery. (Added 2011, No. 48, § 3, eff. May 26, 2011.)