The Vermont Statutes Online
The statutes were updated in November, 2018, and contain all actions of the
2018 legislative session.
Subchapter 001 : SERVICES TO PEOPLE WITH DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITIES AND THEIR FAMILIES(Cite as: 18 V.S.A. § 8721)
§ 8721. Purpose
It is the policy of the State of Vermont that each citizen with a developmental disability shall have the following opportunities:
(1) To live in a safe environment with respect and dignity.
(2) To live with family or in a home of his or her choice.
(3) To make choices which affect his or her life.
(4) To attend neighborhood schools, be employed, and participate in activities, to the extent that this purpose is not construed to alter or extend rights or responsibilities of federal laws relating to special education.
(5) To have access to the community support and services that are available to other citizens. (Added 1995, No. 174 (Adj. Sess.), § 1.)