Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to subnav
Searching 2021-2022 Session

The Vermont Statutes Online


Title 18 : Health


(Cite as: 18 V.S.A. § 5009)
  • § 5009. Certified copies to town of residence

    On the first day of each month, the town clerk shall make a certified copy of each original, corrected, or amended civil marriage certificate or amended civil union certificate filed in the clerk's office during the preceding month, whenever a party to a civil marriage or a civil union was a resident in any other Vermont town at the time of the civil marriage or civil union, and shall transmit the certified copy to the clerk of the other Vermont town, who shall file the same. (Amended 1979, No. 142 (Adj. Sess.), § 5; 1999, No. 91 (Adj. Sess.), § 13; 2017, No. 46, § 11, eff. July 1, 2019.)